Wide Treatment Range and High patient Satisfaction
The Visian ICL has proven to be effective in patients within a wide range of refractive errors. In fact, the Visian ICL can correct myopia from as low as -3.0 diopters to -16.0 diopters and reduce myopia from -16.0 diopters up to as high as -20.0 diopters with or without astigmatism. Before now, some of these individuals were not candidates for surgical or LASIK eye correction. Clinical studies have shown how the Visian ICL is truly a breakthrough myopia treatment in terms of vision correction results. Because implantation of the phakic IOL does not require any structural alteration of the eye, results are predictable and very stable
FDA studies showed that about 95 percent of 294 myopic patients receiving the Visian ICL implant achieved 20/40 or better vision without need for glasses or other correction.
A British study published in May 2010 compared outcomes of phakic IOL implantation versus laser refractive surgery (like LASIK ) for correction of moderate to higher levels of nearsightedness, also referred to as short-sightedness. In findings involving 228 eyes of 132 patients, people who underwent phakic IOL implantation instead of refractive surgery procedures such as LASIK generally had clearer vision as well as better contrast sensitivity.
Over 15 years of research and development has made the Visian ICL a leader in phakic IOL technology. There have been over a Quarter of a Million Visian ICL implants performed worldwide. And when asked about the procedure, over 99% of the patients were highly satisfied.
The Visian ICL and TICL Candidate
Good candidates for the Visian ICL include patients who:
- Are between the ages of 21 and 45.
- Are nearsighted (myopic) with or without astigmatism or farsighted (hyperopic) , including those with mild, moderate, and severe myopia (as low as -3D to as high as -20D prescription) with astigmatism of up to 4.0 diopters.
- Have sufficient anterior chamber depth and acceptable endothelial cell density (this must be determined by an ophthalmologist after a comprehensive eye exam).
- Have not had a change in their eyeglass prescription of more than 0.5D in a year.
- Are not currently pregnant.
- Have no other contraindications including no known allergies to medications used during refractive surgery.
- Have dry eyes, severe myopia, or a thin cornea (non-LASIK candidate).
Please contact the ISEC LASIK and Refractive Surgery centre today for an appointment today..